Saturday 22 February 2014

The Office of the Future...

The aim of this blog is to follow the developments of my B.tech design proposal and taking a deeper look into how it can make people more aware of where design is going in the future... This leads me into what exactly I am doing for my B.tech year... 

For my B.tech design project, I want to design The Office of the Future... I wanted to go down the route of thinking ahead and designing something that will make people more aware... Technology is a large part of our lives, and this is where the future is leading... The Office of the Future will not be purely based on designing an office, it will however be aimed at creating an environment for people to work with flexible hours...

The idea for The Office of the Future came from wanting to design a head office for a magazine company and aiming towards local designers in Port Elizabeth... As Cape Town and Johannesburg are the two major design cities, I thought it would be a great idea to create a magazine and building purely aimed at the locals... The building will be made up of the office for the magazine company, with secondary functions being an exhibition area for designers to show their work, a cafe, a grocery store, and many more functions aimed at making the lives of people easier... 

As the year goes on, my idea will develop more, but this is the starting point of where I want to go... and I will hopefully inspire more people to get excited about what the future holds... 


No comments:

Post a Comment